Friday, August 2, 2024

NYC for Chris's 40th

Chris has fallen in love with New York City. We have now made yearly trips for the past 3 years and so it was no surprise that he wanted to go there for his BIG 4-0 birthday. 


We saw three AMAZING Broadway shows while we were there. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - I could not get over the special effects! It was a little long - 3 and 1/2 hours! But well worth it and totally awesome.


Next was Little Shop of Horrors. I wasn't expecting to like this one and was pleasantly surprised when I absolutely LOVED it! The theater is small so you really get a close up view of the performers and they are all so talented!


Last was Hadestown. Again, I didn't have high expectations for this because I didn't actually understand what it was supposed to be about. But it was FANTASTIC! And bonus it was actually about Greek mythology - Orpheus and Eurydice - which I learned about this year because Amelia was in a Greek mythology play at school! 


We ate a LOT of good food including some pastrami on rye at the famous Katz deli. This is the restaurant where Meg Ryan filmed the famous scene in When Harry Met Sally. 



After a show one night we hit up Junior's for some famous cheesecake. Yum!


One morning we ventured over to Russ & Daughters for some famous bagels and lox. I felt a little bit like I was ordering from the Soup Nazi while we were there because it was a very intimidatingly long line and we didn't really know what we were doing!


We visited the Harry Potter Exhibit which was really cool and highly recommend for kids. We didn't bring kids but that didn't stop us from fully enjoying the experience ourselves!



It was a great trip and we can't wait to go back again. Chris is trying to convince me to go back for my 40th birthday this year, but I think we'll wait for our annual trip next year. 

No comments: