Friday, September 9, 2016

Friday Favorites

It's finally Friday, I'm free again, got my motor runnin' for a WILD weekend...

How about a little George Jones to kick things off today?

And when I say wild weekend, I may be exaggerating just a smidge. It's really more like Friday night date night at the theater with my hubby (I know, don't we sound oh so fancy? Date night at the theater kind of clashes against a blog post that starts with lyrics to a George Jones song...)

And the rest of the weekend will be a lot of running around shopping for the hubster's upcoming business trip to the great state of Texas. I'm quite jealous that I don't get to sneak me and Amelia into his suitcase and do some sight seeing, but then again, I hear it's really hot there this time of year so I guess there's that.

Today I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things I've had my eye on lately because SOMEBODY has a birthday coming up and just thought MAYBE some certain people in my life, (ahem, Hubby) MIGHT need a little help in the shopping department. Possibly.

First up - all the other kids have some pumped up kicks...and it's time for this girl to have some too.


I am in desperate need of some new running shoes. Not to go into too much detail, but my current pair was "new" circa Christmas 2012 and were the sole (pun intended!) reason for the loss of my beloved toenail during my half marathon 2 years ago. Poor footwear is not TOE be messed around with! I think these pink Nike's need to become a part of my life in the very near future.

Secondly - if I'm going to make it to the finish line of my upcoming 10K, I seriously need to be properly equipped with not just the right shoes, but the also the necessary accessories. Clairee Belcher said it best, "The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to ACCESSORIZE." Amen, sister. AMEN.


I would love a sleeve for my phone to wear during my runs. I am not capable of running without listening to music (the best Pandora station while running is Salt n Pepa radio, just sayin). Something like this would be cool.

Third - Though either of the above gifts would be super terrific & wonderful, I am certainly not one to scoff at a gift card to any of my FAVORITE places .

TARGET - STARBUCKS - HEINE BROTHERS - OLD NAVY
SHOE CARNIVAL - CHIK FIL A - BARNES & NOBLE

I am a simple enough person, wouldn't you say?!

Lastly - I would adore any of the following gems from Kentucky for Kentucky or the KY Shop, because y'all, KY is my FAVORITE.



Y'all...Heaven really must be a Kentucky kind of place. You can just sit out on your front porch in your rocking chair and enjoy some of the most beautiful landscapes, sunsets, and countryside that God ever created.

But don't worry - I don't need YOUR rockin' chair. Your Geritol or your Medicare.

I mean if we're going to start things off with George, then you know I had to bring it back around to the man's best song of all time.

Happy Friday!

No comments: