Monday, February 15, 2016

Amelia's First Birthday

So Amelia's birthday party was originally planned for January 9th. I had invitations made and booked the clubhouse where we were having the party and was well under way planning the big event. The only minor detail I forgot to do was communicate with my hubby to make sure he was free that day. So imagine my surprise when I sent him a calendar invitation for the party and received his reply which was DECLINE. As it turned out, he had an all day work retreat. Whoops!

So next, I rescheduled the party for January 23. I ordered new invitations and moved our reservation for the clubhouse and continued planning away. And then Storm Jonas hit and completely snowed out our big plans. Ugggggghhh.

Finally, we rescheduled the party for February 13 - a FULL MONTH after her actual birthday. But thank you Jesus and hallelujah, we actually were able to finally have the birthday party this weekend!






 

Amelia danced and crawled and pushed her baby stroller and showed everyone her personality, and we all had a great time.



She was very neat and dainty with her birthday cake, not really making a mess at all! But she definitely enjoyed that strawberry frosting!


She wasn't too keen on letting anyone else besides Mommy and Daddy hold her, but she enjoyed being around everyone and dancing and playing with them. She especially loves her cousins Ryder and Haylee.

For Amelia's first birthday, I made a video compilation of pictures and videos from her first 12 months of life. Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

No comments: