It dawned on me yesterday that I have been on a serious 90's binge for about the last month.
It all started when Fuller House debuted on Netflix. I am embarrassed to say that me and Amelia (I'm dragging her down with me as to try to make it seem that it wasn't entirely all my choice) watched the entire first season in one weekend.
That is 12 episodes spread out over 3 days. It was so corny, I really can't even believe I tolerated that much cheese in such a short amount of time, but after a few episodes it had completely sucked me in and there was no turning back.
And because I subjected myself to such high concentrated doses of cheesiness, the effects seeped into my brain and caused me to crack really terrible jokes, like telling Amelia that she did such an "eggs"ellent job at eating her scrambled eggs. The eye rolls I received from my husband that weekend were never-ending and well-deserved.
Then I got sucked into the OJ Simpson show - which granted, at least it's not a terrible 90's sitcom remake - but it is a show that has me flashing back to many 5th grade memories circa 1995.
But the icing on the cake of my all out recent 90's love-fest is the 90's station on my Sirius radio.
My new vehicle comes with a subscription to Sirius. I couldn't begin to tell you how many stations there are, but believe me, it is a plethora - it is an embarrassment of radio station riches.
But what am I dialed into every time my tush hits the driver's seat? 90's. All 90's all the time.
Tell me I'm not alone in my deep and abiding love for 90's music.
Yesterday, I hit the jackpot of songs on my drive home. Mr. Big's Just to Be the Next to Be With You followed by Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise.
You can bet I was belting my heart out to the awesomely amazing love ballad, and then flawlessly transitioned into spitting out every single word to some classic Coolio.
....I'm the kinda G that little homies wanna be like, on their knees at night, saying prayers in the street light...
Somebody needs to check me into a rehab facility for 90's memorabilia, because I am beyond addicted. But straight up now tell me that you don't love you some 90's too.
If you do, then you totally just caught my Paula Abdul line I just slipped in there and we can be friends.
1 comment:
Oh, I totally got your Paula Abdul reference. ...Straight up now tell me, Do you really wanna love me forever? (Oh, Oh, Oh)... ;)
Post a Comment