The Nation girls are both officially MOBILE!
I am mobile in my new car that I bought last night. It is a lovely silver Ford Edge and it makes me feel like a true legit adult soccer mom.
And in MUCH more exciting news, Amelia is mobile on her two feet. She is finally walking!! Yay!!!
She started getting brave over the weekend, letting go of the coffee table - which she usually clings to as her means of cruising around the living room. She would let go of the table and just stand there for a few seconds and then sit down.
Then she would let go and stand a little longer, like 10-20 seconds without holding on. She slowly but surely started getting comfortable with the whole standing thing. I only wish it wasn't right beside the corner of the coffee table. Every time she stood there, I found myself holding my breath until she sat down or grabbed the table again, because I'm terrified of her falling over and bumping her head on the table. Lordy, she's going to give me gray hairs way before my time.
So Sunday night she was playing with her walker - which she long ago mastered and basically runs down the hall with it and crashes it hard into whatever wall she is facing. But then something amazing happened... after the walker crashed into the wall, she just let go of it and took off walking in the other direction!
It was awesome and scary (for me at least) and hilarious! She looked like a little drunk monkey hobbling off across the living room!
So needless to say, we have got our hands full now. She isn't walking on a 100% of the time basis, but she takes lots of steps each day and it is only a matter of time before she officially graduates from crawler to walker.
It's sad and exciting at the same time, but mostly exciting. Each new milestone is just amazing to me. She learns things so quickly and changes every day, and I feel so blessed to soak up every minute of it.
1 comment:
Yay!! You'll quickly get over the whole falling down or bumping into things. It's going to happen a thousand times. U started taking steps a couple of weeks ago and has already face planted into his train table. I've learned that they bounce back pretty quickly. Heck, C still runs into walls or falls out of nowhere. Ha!
Post a Comment