Friday, July 15, 2016

18 Months

Amelia Ryan, you are 18 months old!


How did this happen? You have grown so quickly and changed so much! I want time to slow down so that I can savor every hug and kiss and snuggle with you while you are my sweet little baby.


Because I know that it will be no time at all that you will be a big kid with no time or desire to cuddle up with me.


But for now, you are too sweet for words and you are a Mama's girl through and through. You've started to run up to me while I'm doing the dishes or fixing dinner and just hug my legs and bury your face in my knees. You know that you are safe and secure next to me.


You are becoming quite the little miss independent over the last 6 months. You insist on feeding yourself for every meal and getting your own sippy cup out of the fridge.


You've quickly learned daily routines and love to show me that you know what to do before I even ask. Like after dinner when it is time for bath, you run down the hall to your room and take your bow out of your hair and hand it to me because you know that's what I'm going to ask.


You really love bath time and think splashing Mama and playing peek a boo with the shower curtain is the absolute best time ever. And you are SO smart - you already know the colors red, blue, green, yellow, orange, pink, and purple!


You aren't a big talker yet, but you sure know how to jabber when you have something to say. You also speak in a whisper quite a bit, which I think is so endearing.


You are still obsessed with the vacuum cleaner, and yes, you still call it "Mama". You laugh with joy and glee when we get it out to vacuum and you cry so dramatically when we put it away.


You are a very tiny tot, weighing 19.4 lbs (you have only gained 13 pounds since birth you little teenie weenie!) and you are getting a little taller every day now at almost 31 inches.


Your daddy and I love you so much. You bring so much joy into our lives that we never knew was possible until you.


Love you sweet girl! Happy 18 month birthday!

No comments: