Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A very memorable 4th of July weekend

It's hard to believe another July 4th has come and gone. It feels like just yesterday we were taking our little 6 month old firecracker to her first cookout. I made a side by side comparison of last year and this year's 4th of July pictures and it nearly caused me to burst into tears. How can my baby be this big? 


This weekend we celebrated our country's birthday by driving down to Franklin for a family reunion. Amelia had a little friend to play with because my 1 year old cousin Daphne was there!


It was so great to see my family and let Amelia have some time with them. 



We spent the day down there and then headed back to Shelbyville before the storms rolled in. On Sunday, we mostly lounged around Chris's parent's house since it was raining outside. 

But we did manage to sneak in a photo shoot with our aspiring model when the rain finally stopped. That poor girl just has no personality, I tell ya. 


We were standing outside getting ready to head to the cookout when we heard some loud noises in the distance. Amelia didn't know what to think of hearing her first loud pop of fireworks! It was too cute. 


We made a quick stop at Chris's family's cookout on Sunday afternoon and then headed home for the night. All of the weekend festivities had wiped us out!


Monday was spent like our usual Sunday - sleeping in and then going to the grocery store. Though, we did have one unusual occurrence happen at bath time last night. 

Amelia was splashing around in the tub. I was sitting in the floor next to the tub looking at my phone, when all of a sudden I saw a small brown ball land on the floor next to me. I looked up to see what Amelia had just thrown out, thinking it was one of her bath toys. When I realized.... no, that's not a toy. That's POOP! 

My dear sweet lovely child had channeled her inner monkey and THROWN POOP AT ME! I quickly grabbed some toilet paper to pick it up and toss it in the toilet, meanwhile, Chris saunters in to say hello and sees what is going on and runs out dry heaving. Then I notice that Amelia's trying her best to fish out the rest of the floating poop balls still in the bath tub! Lord, help me. 



 I will never forget the 4th of July I spent fishing floating poop balls out of the tub while my daughter cackled in delight and my husband ran away trying not to throw up.

Happy birthday, America.

No comments: