Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Not to be sappy but...

As part of the table decor for an upcoming work event, I had the BRILLIANT idea to include cut tree stumps in the centerpiece. We already have the burlap, the leaves in assorted colors of red and gold, and the table lanterns. It was perfectly logical to incorporate a woodsy rustic chic element of a tree stump like I've seen on Pinterest to the mix.

The only problem with Pinterest ideas is that you can't smell and touch the things on Pinterest. Sure they are visually pleasing, but what happens when you actually get 17 freshly cut tree stumps in your office?

I'll tell you what happens.

Your office smells like a full blown wooded wonderland and your hands are covered in sap that may never be washed away in all of eternity.

But at least our centerpieces are going to be beautiful.

Excuse me while I go wash my hands. AGAIN.

PS - Speaking of being sappy, I have to share this photo of Amelia and her Papaw because it is just the sweetest. Shucks, I think they love each other.


Happy Tuesday! May your surroundings smell as fresh as a thousand pine trees and your hands not stick together when you clap them.

No comments: