Let's start from the beginning.
Friday night I was treated to birthday dinner by Chris and his parents at one of our new favorite restaurants, The Goat. No birthday dinner is complete without a quick ice cream run post-dinner, so we grabbed some froyo and sat outside to enjoy the lovely cool night.
Saturday we loaded up the stay-wag and headed down to Bowling Green for birthday lunch with my fam. It was so great seeing everyone, as usual. Amelia enjoyed showing off her new trick of being able to drink from a straw and then demanding everyone to clap for her. Girlfriend loves applause for any little thing she does. We may have started something here that we will learn to regret, but for now it's just really cute.
After lunch, we headed to our favorite place in the world (at least this time of year) - Jackson's Orchard!
Amelia LOVED it.
So many pumpkins, so little time.
Pump, pump, pump it up. Pump that PUMPKIN spirit up. Pump. It. Up.
Dear Jesus, thank you for all these blessed pumpkins.
Baby girl was also a BIG fan of the apple slush, but there is no photographic evidence of that because we were too busy taking turns suckin' down the delish appley goodness. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Then on Sunday we were all tired from the previous day's adventures, so we slept in and lounged around for most of the day, with the exception of grocery shopping. A new season of Longmire was on Netflix so we had important stuff to do in the form of sitting on the couch in our sweatpants and eating ice cream while we tried to figure out who Sheriff Longmire was about to go lay the smack down on.
The cherry on top of an already fabulous weekend was definitely Monday's day o'pamper extravaganza 2016. The day started with a WONDERFUL 2 mile run around the block. It looked like the skies were going to open up and pour down on me at any second, but I took a chance anyway and ran 2
Then I showered and headed off to Starbucks to grab some much needed caffeine in the form of a grande salted caramel mocha frappuccino. Holy Moses, it was fantastic.
Next up was my appointment at the hair salon. I tried out a new "hair girl" because I have yet to find my hair person up here in Louisville.
I think I may have found a winner.
Not only do I really love the way my hair turned out, and appreciate that she meticulously groomed my eyebrows to perfection, but when we first started with the small talk chit chat, she asked me the following question.
"So, do you still live with your parents or do you have your own place?"
Y'all. She thought I was early twenties at the MOST.
I pretty much blew her away when I told her I lived with my husband and almost 2 year old daughter and was celebrating my 32nd birthday. Being mistaken for a girl young enough to still live with her parents kind of makes a girl feel good. Not gonna lie.
After my hair chop and brow wax, I picked up some spicy chicken at Chik fil a, and then headed off to shop for some much needed lounge wear. I found the MOST comfortable pair of men's baggy sweatpants I could find and a pair of soft furry house booties so that when I headed back home later in the afternoon I could be assured of maximum comfort while I lounge.
To finish out the day I got a manicure, did some more shopping for some cute tops, and then headed home to chill with my baby girl until Chris got home. It was a fantastic day.
Or ya know, at least as awesome as Jack Bauer.

No comments:
Post a Comment