Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Randomness

Whoopsy! Didn't mean to go half the month without a post! So what has been going on in the Nation household? 

Well, not really a whole lot. Maybe that's why I haven't posted anything. Both Amelia and Chris came down with a little upper respiratory sneezy snotty unpleasantness (as did a LOT of my co-workers), but somehow my immune system was able to ward off all the cooties I was surrounded by and I remained plague-free. (Knock on wood...). But in the midst of staying home with my sick baby, we perfected the art of the Mama + Daughter selfie.




I was off work on Election Day so after I took Amelia to the voting booth to witness her first-time voting experience, we headed off to Hobby Lobby to check out the Christmas aisles. We immediately were hit with the Christmas bug and now all I have been thinking about is how ready I am to put up my tree. I don't think I'm alone here as many of my friends on Instagram have beat me to the punch. 

I'm holding off on putting up our tree because our tradition has always been to put it up on the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'm extra excited this year because my Nana has offered to give me all of her ADORABLE snowman ornaments. You see, Nana traditionally has her nice big fancy tree in the formal living room, and then her cute whimsical snowman tree in the den where we all gather on Christmas morning. But this year she renovated her house and is only going to have one big tree, which means my phone call to her asking where she bought her cute snowman hat tree topper couldn't have come at a better time as she said, hey why don't you just take my snowman tree topper and all of my darling snowman ornaments and a happy early merry Christmas to you my sweet grand-daughter. Can you say YAY, WAHOO, YIPPY SKIPPEE??!!!!! 

Other randomness going on in our life is that we are on the verge of adopting a neighborhood cat that has developed quite an attachment to us. As soon as we get out of our cars he comes pouncing up to rub against our ankles and follow us every step of the way to our front door. One of these days I just know he is going to dart inside and Lucy is not going to know what to think! 



So we're not really going to adopt him, but I do think we can safely say that we have developed a lifelong friendship.


In other news, my final graduate class is coming to an end in just a few more weeks. I'm frantically working on writing my final term paper which is about 20 pages on religious diversity in higher education. It is a doozy, y'all. But I am SO looking forward to participating in the graduation ceremony which is one month from yesterday. I've dreamed about walking across that stage as a graduate of the University of Louisville with a master's degree while my husband and daughter watch from the audience, and I just know I am going to be shedding some ugly tears under that cap and gown because I will be so proud of this accomplishment. 

Speaking of shedding tears, I found myself with tears rolling down my face this morning as I checked my email. Have no fear, there is absolutely nothing wrong besides perhaps I need to stop being such a softie. What happened was that I found myself reading an article that was emailed to me from Dave Ramsey about 8 holiday traditions you can cut, keep, or totally rethink. I'm a sucker for anything from Dave that might give me ideas for ways to save money. I know you are not shocked by that bit of information. But the problem came when after I finished reading the holiday article, I scrolled down and was drawn to another article titled "The Debt Free Scream that made an Entire Audience Cry". Now just reading that, you know it is going to be a good one, but I should have known that if it made an entire audience cry, then chances were that it would make me cry too. Duh, Emily. 

If you don't mind the embarrassment of being brought to tears in front of you computer screen at work, then please watch this video. It is precious and inspiring. 

Finally, today is my Aunt Tammy's birthday! So a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favorite aunt in the world! Love you! 

No comments: