Friday night, Chris and I went to see The Book of Mormon at the Kentucky Center because he got free tickets through YPAL. I don't know what those people over at the Tony awards were thinking because I absolutely HATED it. It was so vulgar and distasteful, I felt like I needed to go home and take a shower after watching it. But the silver lining about watching a play mocking the Mormon religion is that is sparked a healthy discussion between Chris and I on the drive home about religion and the importance of defending your faith. After weeks of writing a paper about religion, I sort of feel like an expert!
Saturday morning, bright & early, me and Amelia took Lucy to the vet for a check-up. I had to giggle at Amelia for crying when we got in the exam room because the poor little thing thought we were there for her to have a doctor's visit. Lucy is usually shaking like a leaf and freaking out during her doctor's visits, but I think having Amelia upset helped her put on her brave face and show her sister that it was okay. Amelia calmed down and Lucy was such a good girl during her exam, that the vet said it might be time to remove the bright orange caution sticker on her file that says "warning, this one's a biter!".
After we dropped Lucy off at home, I changed Amelia into her Christmas jammies and we headed over to Barnes and Noble for a Christmas-themed story time. There were a ton of kids there this week and no one besides Amelia got the memo about wearing your Christmas pj's!
Oh well, she was still the cutest thing ever.
She behaved a little better this week than last week, sitting still for about 5 minutes and listening to How the Grinch Stole Christmas....but then she saw some of the other kids moving around being rambunctious so she thought it was time to join in on the fun. I let her run around for a few minutes because she was just so happy and carefree, I didn't want to damper her spirits...but eventually I said let's go and we headed back home.
After a busy morning, Amelia grabbed a nap to recharge because we had a busy afternoon planned as well. On our way to pick up lunch, we stopped by Kimmy & Craig's to pick up my long-awaited Christmas ornaments from Nana which Aunt Judy had brought up for me. Amelia had SO much fun playing with her cousin Haylee, I thought I was going to have a full blown temper tantrum on my hands when I told her it was time to leave. We are definitely planning a play date for the two of them very soon - they are quite fond of each other & I love it!
We ate a very late lunch and then loaded back into the car and headed to Southeast for church. One of my favorite Christian bands, For King and Country, was leading worship and I did not want to miss out on that. And I have to brag on Amelia -- she was SO good sitting in big church. She absolutely LOVED the music. I think we might have a future drummer on our hands. She was mesmerized by the beating of those drums!
We ate dinner at a new tapas restaurant called LouVino after the service and then went home and crashed. That was the busiest Saturday we've had in a long time!
Yesterday we kept things pretty mellow around the house. We added our new pretty ornaments to the tree and cleaned and lounged and eventually grocery shopped in the cold dark rain which is always so fun.
To end the weekend, I held auditions for this year's Christmas pageant and found a star to play the role of Mary.
Amelia, did you know.......that you're the cutest little Mary I ever did see?!

No comments:
Post a Comment