Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Hopeless Romantic...or Just Plain Hopeless?

Five years ago I walked into a candlelit room filled with rose petals and Chris shared his undying love for me and asked me to be his forever Valentine.

Yesterday I gave Chris a heart shaped pizza with a note that read "you stole a pizza my heart".

I think we can all agree who is the true romantic here.

In other non-Valentine's related news, I've fallen into a bit of a binge watching hole with a new terribly corny show on Netflix called Young and Hungry. It's about on the same level as Baby Daddy or Melissa and Joey....which are two other terribly corny shows that I have religiously seen every episode. So the real mystery is why did I fight my pride so long before succumbing to the cheese-fest that is Young and Hungry?

The basic plot involves a millionaire who has a chef, housekeeper, and publicist who get into different situational comedy situations and hilarity ensues. And it got me to wondering. If I were able to afford a full-time chef or a full-time housekeeper (but not both), which would I rather have?

I would love to not worry about grocery shopping or planning weekly meals. And it would be awesome to have someone fix healthy dishes that exceed my very limited culinary abilities.

But I think I have decided that I would rather have a housekeeper. I looked around my living room this morning and it legit looks like a toy explosion. Not to mention I gave my best effort of doing some much needed deep cleaning over the weekend and only got about halfway down my list. It's not that Amelia doesn't enjoy Mommy's game of "let's mop the bathroom floor" as much as it is too much work to try to clean the floors while also making sure Amelia doesn't help mommy clean the floor with the toilet brush wand.

My long-term plan is to train Amelia to love cleaning and cooking so that I can eventually have a personal chef and housekeeper for free.

With all that free time, maybe I could work on upping my Valentine romance game.

Like that is even possible. I mean, did you hear what I said? Pizza my heart. Classic.

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!

No comments: