Friday, February 3, 2017

Nerd, nerd, nerd. Nerd is the Word.

I apologize for taking a week off from posting anything on the poor neglected blog. But I've managed to walk up and down stairs without falling this week and everyone in the house is feeling much better so there really hasn't been much to keep you updated on.

Oh and I've also been using all of my words for the book I'm writing rather than the blog.

That's right. The book. It is really coming along now. In fact, I'm pretty happy with it. I wrote Draft #1 several months ago and gave it to my sister to read. Even though I knew it was far from perfect, I was actually quite surprised that she gave me such a large amount of LOVING critical feedback.

And though that may have deflated my puffed up writer's balloon just a smidge....and caused me to put the book-writing ambition to the side for a few months...it was actually EXACTLY what I needed. I used those months to contemplate on Beth's suggestions and think about the direction I really wanted to go with the book.

After a few months of not writing a single word, I came back to the drawing board and revamped with a slightly different direction. I've really channeled my inner nerd alert lately and have been busy writing away. And I've got to say. I'm excited!

For all I know, this book may never see the light of day. It may sit in my computer forever, a story that I wrote just for myself. That would be fine with me - it was a cathartic experience just to put the thoughts onto paper that have been jumbled around in my head for all of these years.

But I do hope that the story finds it's way out into the world one day. It's my story. And I think it's a pretty good one.

I've given Draft #2 to my sister. We'll see if she agrees!

And because I don't want to leave you with nothing but my boring ramblings about being an aspiring writer, here are a few pictures of my wild 2 year old whose pictures are worth a thousand words.






Happy weekend, friends!

No comments: