Chris and I had a nice little day date on Saturday. First, we had lunch at this restaurant called Butchertown Grocery and it was dadgum scrumptious. I basically licked my plate clean. Then we still had an hour before our show started so we stopped for a quick coffee at Quill's on Market. It's been a while since me and the hubster have had a coffee date like we used to do all the time pre-Amelia. You know we are a big fan of the coffee date.
Chris got us tickets to go see Mamma Mia! at the Kentucky Center. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was pretty cute. I didn't know any of the songs before the show (except for Dancing Queen), but it is safe to say that statement is no longer true. Saturday night we watched the movie version of Mamma Mia and listened to the soundtrack as well.
If I never hear another ABBA song for as long as I live, I would be okay with that. Dancing Queen will not stop playing over and over in my head. It is seared into the crevices of my brain.
In other news, Amelia came down with a little cold or allergies over the weekend so she was very clingy to her mamma mia. And because we share most of our meals and beverages because she ALWAYS wants whatever I have, I'm pretty sure I caught a little bit of it too. And while I'm complaining, I also can't seem to get rid of some mild lower back pain that is about to drive me bonkers.
Scratchy throat and pulled back muscles aside, I'm soldiering on and hoping to have a good week. I got a new day planner that is bringing me wayyyy too much joy. It's just so cute and I love me some organization.
My favorite part of my new planner is the inside cover which encourages the use of the planner to prioritize time with God in the mix of the appointments and events and daily grind.
Inspired by this encouragement, I woke up extra early to do a little Bible study. I found one on Pinterest that gives you a few verses each day to write out in a notebook as you reflect on the words. Given the fact that I've always been a write-it-down type of studier, I'm surprised that I've never thought to do this myself.
If it sounds like something you might like to do, here are the verses for August.
Hopefully after a few mornings of prayer and deep reflection on God's word, these holy words will ingrain themselves into my mind, heart, and soul.
And hopefully they will replace a certain little diddy that is currently on repeat about a dancing queen.

No comments:
Post a Comment