Thursday, July 6, 2017

You're My Boy, Blue

As you can imagine, with a last name as patriotic as Nation, we made sure to celebrate America's birthday big time over the long weekend.


Ok, so I may have built that up a little more than necessary only to play up the word Nation, but we definitely had a good 4th of July weekend nonetheless.

Before heading out for a weekend in the country, we went to church Saturday night and out to eat pizza at Coal's. They have this amazing thin crust pizza with fried onions and buffalo sauce. Sounds a little strange, I know, but believe me. It is goooo--oooood.

After pizza, we headed out to Chris's parent's house for a few nights. Our big plans for the weekend revolved around returning to Lexington on Sunday for a repeat performance of the famous chicken biscuit at Lockbox. This time around, not only did Chris order a chicken biscuit, but so did both of his parents and I. We had to get a taste of this chicken biscuit that we had heard Chris rave about for the past month.

And y'all. That thing was finger lickin' good.

Even Amelia ate in complete silence as she devoured the pieces of biscuit and spicy potato wedges that I gave her. I really can't highly recommend this place enough. Oh, and also, they have bright blue penguins sitting around the place that our awesome waiter brought over to join us for brunch.


We all got a big kick out of our brunch companion. He was Amelia's little blue buddy. But as much as we liked him, we were not sharing any of our chicken biscuit with him. That stuff was just too good to share with anyone, even friendly penguin pals.


After a quick run back to Nana & Papaw's house for a nap, we headed to Chris's Aunt Melissa's house for a family 4th of July cookout and potluck. Mmm...strawberry pretzel salad. Yes, please! Amelia had a fabulous time playing with her little cousin Liam. She has really grown and matured and has completely impressed me with her eagerness to share and play with others. We need to find her some playdate friends asap. Any takers? I mean, besides you blue penguin. Put your flapper down.


The rest of the weekend was filled with taking it nice and easy. Simple suppers, naps, and occasionally getting mad at neighbors for setting off firecrackers while I'm trying to put my toddler to bed. "What's that, Mommy?". Uggggh. Stupid, 4th of July.

So like I said, we had a totally great and patriotic weekend celebrating our nation's freedom.



God Bless America. You're my boy, (Red, White &) Blue!

No comments: