Amelia has been surprising me lately talking about someone I didn't realize she knew.
******
The other day, Chris and I were talking to her about how Mommy and Daddy were MARRIED.
She laughed at us and said, "No, Mommy is married! Daddy's not married!"
Confused, but curious to hear more of her thoughts on the issue, we pushed a little further. "So Mommy is married, but Daddy isn't married? Are YOU married?"
Her reply... "No, I'm JESUS!"
Ok, now we were totally confused. Until the light bulb went off. She didn't think we were saying "married". She thought we were talking about Mary, aka mother of Jesus. So she thought we were role playing and I was going to play Mary, Daddy was Joseph, and she was the baby Jesus.
Bless her sweet heart.
******
Then last night we were talking about sisters and brothers while she was playing with Peppa and George. She was talking about how Peppa was such a good sister and George was such a good brother...so out of sheer curiosity, I asked her if SHE wanted a baby brother or baby sister (for the record, no I am NOT pregnant).
Her reply..."No, I want a BABY JESUS!"
******
Oh, from the mouth of babes.
No comments:
Post a Comment