I really wanted to go to church on Sunday, but life happened and I didn't make it. So instead, when I finally had a few minutes of down time on Sunday afternoon, I spent some time reading the Bible and a few devotions. The much needed quiet time renewed my spirit and made me excited to carve out more time this week diving into the Word and focusing on spending time with the Lord.
And then.
....suddenly our dryer broke Sunday night. This caused for much aggravation and frustration in the Nation household because we had laundry piled up to our eyeballs.
And then.
...our toilet got clogged with the most stubborn clog I've ever encountered. I tried to tackle that sucker with a plunger and even ran to Lowe's at 9:00 last night (in the spitting snow) to buy a toilet snake because Google told me that would work.
But it didn't.
And also, if you're curious, don't EVER Google the words "toilet snake". Don't say I didn't warn you.
All of these inconveniences have been stacking up and wanting to cause some unwanted tension in the household because I mean come on, for goodness sake. WE JUST WANT TO WASH OUR CLOTHES AND GO TO THE BATHROOM PLEASE!
But through all of this, I have continued my Bible reading and my intentional time with the Lord every day. And today, I was blessed by this post on my Instagram feed which really resonated with my current situation.
"If Satan isn't fighting against you, maybe that's because he's walking beside you...reminder if you're feeling attacked or defeated: thieves don't break into empty houses. There is GOOD in you. You're fulfilling a purpose. Don't let anything or anyone take that from you. #letthatsinkin #purpose #nottodaysatan"
So bring on the clogged toilets and the broken appliances. You won't be getting this girl down!
NOT TODAY SATAN!
#GODISGOOD
No comments:
Post a Comment