Thursday, March 1, 2018

525,600 Minutes

That is how long it has been since I last posted.

(Not really, but it probably feels that way.)

It is also from one of my favorite song from the show Rent, which me and the hubster saw a few Friday nights ago.


But first we went to eat dinner at Rye on Market. We had only eaten there once before and I wasn't too crazy about it, but I thought perhaps I had just ordered poorly and maybe we should give them another chance.  As I recall, last time I ended up ordering some sort of rabbit ravioli. I didn't realize there was rabbit meat in the ravioli until after the fact because they didn't use the word rabbit on the menu, but some other fancy word that made me think it was some sort of fancy cheese. But wrong. So long story short, we decided to give Rye another chance and we both VERY carefully reviewed the menu before both ordering the smash burger and fries, and LAWD have mercy, were those babies delicious!

No picture documentation to show because said burger was viciously devoured in 2.3 seconds flat.

We are going to another show in April (Les Mis!!), and we have already decided that we are going to have an exact repeat experience at Rye, from the cheese board appetizer to the smash burgers to the French press coffee which helped us stay awake through the late night show. I can't wait!


Besides that one fun night out on the town, we haven't been doing much else exciting round these parts. It's been super windy but warm, so we've let that breeze whip our hair around while enjoying the fresh air.




We also spent one night away at Chris's parent's house last weekend when we were expecting some bad storms, as they have a basement and we live in a 2nd floor apartment. Thankfully there were no tornadoes, and we just had a nice little visit with the grandparentals.


Other than that, we've just been laying low and trying to keep up with our 3 year old energizer bunny who constantly keeps us on our toes. 


525,600 minutes....the number of minutes in one year...they go by so fast when you're watching little ones grow up right before your eyes.


Which is why I've got to do better at updating the blog, so I can look back on these wonderful moments and remember that time that Amelia lined all her babies up in the bed with her, or that time we played hide-n-seek on the patio, or that time when I ordered rabbit ravioli.

Oh wait, maybe I would rather forget about that particular moment.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: