Well, there is a new 90's loving kid on the block, and her name is Amelia "Hangin' Tough" Nation. And this cheesy mama couldn't be prouder!
You don't have to tell me how cool I am, I already know.
So Amelia overheard her mama jamming out and said, "Mama, what's that?" To which I replied, "That's New Kids on the Block, baby!"
Queue my hilarious and adorable three year old running directly over to her tub of building blocks and grabbing two out to dance with. She shook those blocks around like little maracas and sang with me, "oh oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh...the right stuff!!"
She is literally the new kid on the block...and also the new kid with the blocks.
In other non-NKOTB news, we drove down to Bowling Green on Saturday to celebrate my favorite sister's birthday. It was a short sweet visit, but the celebration will continue in April when I come down for an overnight stay with her so that we can participate in the 5K fun run I signed us up for. It is called The Great Inflatable Race and it is basically a 5K with an obstacle course of bouncy houses, and it looks like SO MUCH FUN.
I'm pretty sure we're going to have a few family members there to watch (and laugh) as we navigate the giant inflatable slides and various bouncy shenanigans. And I can't wait!
I also can't wait for Friday when Nana, John, and Grace are coming up to Louisville for a visit with me and Amelia.
Or maybe that would scare them off and leave us singing, "Please don't go girl....".
Or maybe I need to be checked into a mental institution for my addiction to corny 90's puns.
I'll try to be better. I'll just take it Step by Step.
Ok, I think I have a problem.
Happy Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment