Well, we're movin on up...
I have spent the last 4 days moving every single item we own from our apartment to our new house. I thought about calculating how many hours I actually spent carrying boxes up and down stairs, cleaning, packing, unpacking, and organizing....but my brain is just as tired as my poor muscles.
Moving is the worst. But our new house is the best!
I don't have any pictures to document the move, but really no one wants to see that. But I plan to post some pictures of the house once Nana comes up to visit this week and helps put her magic decorating touch to the place. Right now everything is just a hodge podge of randomness because decorating is not my strong suit. Nana to the rescue!
Amelia is a big fan of the new house. She has said countless times, "This house is amazing!". Her and Lucy love to watch people walking on the sidewalk from the kitchen window. She has spent hours on end playing in her new room. And when I say play, I mean she plays hard. She has pulled out every toy she owns and jumbled them together in a giant mess of trolls, smurfs, Peppa's, and PJ masks in the middle of her room. I tried to clean it up one day when she was napping, and when she woke up she told me that the only way to play is when it is messy.
Great. Translation = her room is going to stay messy for a really long time.
It took us seven years of renting before we were finally ready to take the leap of home ownership. We just celebrated our seventh anniversary last week (which we both forgot until around mid-day - whoops!).
So as they say... the fish don't fry in the kitchen. The beans don't burn on the grill. It took a whole lot tryin...just to get up that hill. Seven years to be exact.
But we've finally moved on up! And I can't stop singing the Jefferson's theme song in our new house.
No comments:
Post a Comment