Monday, September 10, 2018

Come on Barbie, Let's Go Party

Remember a few weeks ago when I was light-heartedly complaining about my toddler being a young British pig wannabe?

Well I miss those days. Because it is with GREAT REMORSE, I must inform you that I have now caught wind of a much different influence on my girl's vernacular. And that influence (insert hands over eyes in embarrassment) is Barbie herself.

Now, I don't know if you've ever watched the show Barbie, Life in the Dreamhouse (if you haven't seen it, then you've lived a blessed life)....but it is basically a modern day take on Barbie and her sisters Chelsea, Skipper, and Stacey and their many friends, including Ken of course. And boy oh boy, do they talk like a bunch of valley girls from California. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just a little odd that my 3 year old now CONSTANTLY tells me that things are "Amaze!"


Not amazing. Just AMAZE. Because that's how Barbie says it. Just try to picture her sweet toddler voice, when after I give Amelia her clothes to wear for the day, she replies with "thank you, these are amaze!" Or when I tell her that someone is coming to visit her, the reply is now, "this is going to be AMAZE!" Ugggh, eye rolls for days.

Peppa, I miss you!!!

So anywho, in other non-Barbie news, I am pre-training for the marathon. Which basically translates into the fact that I'm trying to maintain a 4 day a week running routine to prepare my mind and body for the 4-day running routine I will be committing myself to starting October 1st until the last week of April.

I am super excited for this upcoming challenge and adventure, and I sincerely ask for your prayers for a safe and injury-free training process. I know I'm crazy for wanting to do this, but it's just something that has been on my heart to do for years and now is the time I've decided to do it.

Hopefully, it will be AMAZE. Sorry, had to.

In preparation, I've also been trying to eat healthier to provide my body with better sources of energy. I've come up with some protein packed salads, some refreshing healthy snacks, and even tweaked my beloved pumpkin muffins to make them better for me.



PS - don't be a hater that I'm already making pumpkin muffins. The law of the land is that once September 1st hits the calendar, all things fall are fair game.


I'm looking forward to the next few months of running through the color-changing tree-lined roads, fueled by my healthy pumpkin treats, and resting while watching one of my favorite fall flicks like Dan in Real Life or You've Got Mail. Tis the best time of the year!

I've got to start instilling this love for all things fall in Amelia so that she can get her priorities straight in life. No more Ken and Barbie. Let's watch Hocus Pocus and light a pumpkin vanilla candle!

No comments: