She also came up with a plan for how she wanted to celebrate Mother's Day which I thought was really awesome. First, she wanted to get me a Starbucks gift card (she knows her mother well), then she wanted her and Daddy to wash and vacuum my car (excellent idea!), and last she wanted us all to go out for ice cream together. Aren't these all such good ideas for a four year old? I thought so!
We got up early on Mother's Day and ran out to grab some Starbucks and donuts because this has become our Sunday morning ritual these days. Unfortunately, it ended up being rainy all day so a car wash wasn't in the cards for us. But I'm happy to report that the car wash and vacuum gift did happen a few days later. And of course after dinner on Sunday, we headed to one of our favorite ice cream shops and got a few scoops to end the day.
Amelia is so sweet and it feels so good to know that she loves me so much and wants to celebrate me on my special day. She almost started crying when she realized that she couldn't wash my car on Sunday because "she just wanted to do something special for me". She's got a heart of gold and I am so very blessed to be her mommy.



No comments:
Post a Comment