Just wanted to document on the blog what has to be the craziest time in the world. The era of the coronavirus.
I still can't believe I'll be bringing a child into this world during a global pandemic. Reagan, baby girl, this world can be a scary place.
At this time, our daily life looks like a lot of quality family time at home. Chris and I are blessed to both be able to work at home and Amelia's school is closed for 3 weeks. So we're all hunkered down working at home, learning at home, eating at home, and trying to not drive each other too crazy. I've had to venture out only a small handful of times for grocery runs and doctor visits, but once I return home I go through a full body decontamination to try to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Speaking of the grocery store - that is such a surreal experience these days. Shelves are bare, toilet paper is non-existent, and people keep at least 6 ft distance between each other. Right now, we have everything we need as far as food and supplies are concerned, but we will eventually run out of TP, paper towels, and laundry detergent if I don't catch a store at a good moment when it actually has these things to buy.
And not to be too much of a Debbie Downer, but the last thing I'll say is that it is a scary time to be in America, but I feel a little extra scared being pregnant right now. I pray that I don't get sick right now and that I have a healthy and safe delivery in a hospital that isn't overrun by the coronavirus. I have faith that we will all get through this, but it's still a scary ride. I look forward to being home safe with baby Reagan where her sweet face can bring us all comfort and much needed joy.
So to end this on a happier note....we were able to have Reagan's baby shower a few weeks ago before all the craziness broke out. It was a fairly small gathering of women from both sides of the family all gathered here in our house, and it was lovely. Reagan got SO many cute outfits - we are going to have to hold a daily fashion show just so that she is able to wear it all. I'm thankful we got so many diapers and wipes to help get us through this time when grocery store shelves don't have them!
Lastly, we had a big birthday bash for Beth, John, and Kelly last weekend. We had cupcakes and cakes with their faces on them and made giant birthday cards listing all the many reasons why we love them. It was a lot of fun and so great to spend some time with family...especially now that it may be a LONG time before I get to do that again.
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy and has everything they need. Amelia and I are up for a FaceTime call with anyone who is needing a break from their home lockdown! Fair warning though - we will most definitely be in our pj's and probably look like we need to run a comb through our hair. The living at home life has got us living the comfortable life!
Also, all of the hair salons are closing today for 3 weeks and I am very much looking forward to seeing the return of the "Topher afro" that Chris had when I first met him in college. I offered to cut his hair myself, but I'm not sure he will get that desperate. Stay tuned. At least there are some bright sides to this madness!


No comments:
Post a Comment