Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Nesting Mode

Well it's 5 o'clock in the morning and I'm sitting on the couch blogging. Why, you ask? Because pregnancy has officially taken away my ability to sleep past 4:00am anymore. The main culprit is usually that my nose gets so congested that I wake myself up from snoring (true story) or my back is aching to the point that I can no longer find a comfortable sleeping position. The good news is that I'm not even remotely tired. I truly believe God prepares new mom-to-be's mind and bodies with the gift of learning to cope with less sleep in the third trimester. I distinctly remember being this same night owl and early bird when I was pregnant with Amelia - usually only sleeping about 4-5 hours a night.

So what have I been doing with all of this extra time on my hands? I have fully moved into full blown nesting mode. Reagan's due date is 13 weeks away, but if there is a chance of a repeat labor experience, that means I could potentially give birth in 10 weeks, and I intend to be FULLY prepared for baby girl's arrival within the next 10 weeks, hopefully with time to spare.

This past weekend I touched EVERY.SINGLE.THING. in Amelia's room. I organized every closet, every shelf, every drawer, and every bin. I wish I had taken a "before" picture but at least a snapped a few "after" pictures to display my organizational handiwork.


I pulled out every article of clothing from the closet and purged anything Amelia had outgrown to the "save for Reagan" pile, leaving a nice empty half of the closet for Reagan's newborn clothes to be hung up (as soon as I wash everything in Dreft!).


I pulled out all of Amelia's princess dresses and bought some hooks for the back of the closet doors. Now anytime she is feeling the need for a ball gown (which is often), she can easily pick one from the readily available choices.


This is only a temporary set up as we will be bringing back the changing table to the top of the dresser, but for now I am very happy with the organization and cleanliness I'm seeing.


We pulled out ALL the hair things from Amelia's dresser drawer and divvied up the items into categories (bows, headbands, barrettes, ponytails, etc.) and sorted them in our little gray roller tray. Amelia had way too much fun with this organization project which makes me think she is going to be just like her mama. Type A all the way.


Lastly, we pulled out ALL THE BOOKS and re-organized them by category (holiday, Dr. Seuss, nursery rhymes, etc.). We even pulled out all of the Valentine books and set them up in their own little cubby on the bookshelf so that we might actually read them during the current holiday season.

Now that everything in the room has been organized to the point of submission, it will make it much easier to move furniture around once Amelia's big girl bed arrives in a couple weeks. My plan is to transition the toddler bed back into a crib for Reagan and set up both girls sleeping in the same room together. Please pray for this to work! It may be a work in progress for the first few months.

After a productive weekend of nesting, this girl and I deserved a post-church donut. This is a much beloved Sunday morning tradition of ours.


I asked Amelia to take a "bump" picture for me so that I could document on the blog, and below is the result.


Here we are at 27 weeks! And just for fun, this was me at 27 weeks with Amelia.


No comments: