Thursday, February 24, 2022

February with the Nations

 Apparently I am a monthly recap blogger now. It is working for me so let's go with it. February was fun around these parts. We finally celebrated Amelia's birthday with the family and just had lots of fun hanging out at home. 

For the birthday party, Amelia wanted to go with a Wonder Woman theme this year. Nana and Papa, Gigi, Beth, Ryder, and Nana all came to celebrate with our girl. 






We played lots of games and just had a good time. Quick story about those balloons. Dear old mama here got up at 5:30 in the morning to make the balloon arch for the party. I had all of the balloons blown up except for one which was a full size Wonder Woman balloon. I was blowing it up with our balloon pump and the air was just not going down into the "legs" of the balloon. So I kept trying to force air into it until all of a sudden.....POP! The balloon popped SO loud that my ears were ringing and I literally fell backwards in the basement floor. But oh wait, that's not just my ears ringing...that's the house alarm going off! That's right, I set the house alarm off at 5:30 in the morning by popping a balloon. I raced upstairs to disable it and checked my phone because I knew ADT would be calling to check on me soon. Luckily, I disabled it before they actually dispatched any officers to the scene. Good gracious, it was an exciting morning.

Also in February we had a quarterly Mommy/Daughter day with Amelia. She loves the one on one time because it is hard to get full attention with Reagan running around here climbing walls and such. Amelia chose to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel so that she could have pancakes and mac n cheese and then check out the toy section. She ended up talking me into buying a pink unicorn riding toy for her and Reagan (which they've since played with approximately 1 time). After brunch, we went through the carwash (which she loves to do) and then came home and painted nails...mine, hers, and Papaw's. HA!




Besides these special days in February, we've also had a lot of regular days that are just precious because these girls make every day special. I adore them so much and boy do they adore each other.






That's February in a nutshell! 

No comments: