Saturday, April 6, 2013
My First Week of Work
Well, I made it through my first week of work, and I have to admit so far I love it! I've only ever worked for a public university, and I am learning what it is like to work for a Christian school. First of all, EVERYONE is super duper nice. Not to say that there weren't a lot of nice people at WKU because of course there were! But it's just different when the greetings are usually along the lines of "God bless you!" and "Have a blessed day!". Also, we pray before staff meetings - I love it! And we attend chapel twice a week...which means we shut down the entire office to go worship the Lord for an hour. I am really loving my job. Or like my new boss says, it's not a job, it is a ministry.
Oh and one little thing that I am loving that is not a big deal to most people, but it totally makes my day is that there are Keurig coffee makers in every office. I love it!
So I successfully made it through my first week, and I think it is going to be great. Now we've started off our weekend already with a dinner last night at a local Cuban restaurant called Mojito Tapas. It is amazing! We had the guacamole tapas with plaintain chips (yum!) and we both got fish tacos. Some of you probably just said, eww, gross, but trust me, it was delicious! :)
And after dinner, even though we were waddling out of Mojitos, we managed to talk ourselves into getting some ice cream at our new favorite ice cream shop, Graeter's.
After that major dinner, I got up this morning (after coffee of course!) and hit up the gym. I want to take advantage of the facilities we are paying for! We are excited that we actually don't have anything to do this weekend so we are just going to explore our new city. But we've got to be home in time to watch Louisville beat Wichita State tonight! Go CARDS!
Have a blessed weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you love your job! Sounds so nice :)
Thought about you many times... glad it went well :)
Keurig in every office, love it! I love, love, love my Keurig :) My husband works at our church and always tells me how refreshing it is to pray before staff meetings. Ahhhh... if only all jobs were like this ;)
Post a Comment