Life for us has been fairly routine -- at least our new routine, anyway! We've been trying out new churches and new restaurants and having fun exploring our new city!
Last week we visited a church downtown called Sojourn Midtown. One of Chris's friends from college is in the praise and worship band. He's an awesome singer and songwriter. You may have sung some of his songs in church -- I know we did at Rich Pond! One of my favorite songs he wrote is called In the Shadow of the Glorious Cross.
After church last week, we had lunch at this cafe called Toast on Market. It's on Market Street which is really close to Chris's work. He's been a few times and so he wanted me to try it. I got roasted tomato soup and 3 cheese grilled cheese. It was soooooooo good! Best tomato soup ever. Period.
This week I tried out a new hair place called The Chopping Block. The girl who cut my hair told me I had perfect eyebrows and looked like Barbie. I like her. I think I'll go back. After she trimmed my hair she asked me if she could curl my hair. And when I left there, I felt like Shirley Temple!
So the day after my crazy curls calmed down, this is what my new haircut actually looked like. I got me some swoopy bangs. I think they make me grown up.
On my lunch break, sometimes I like to meander down to the Target down the street from the seminary and see what strikes my fancy. It's a dangerous game because I could get drawn into a $200 clothes shopping spree, or I could leave there with nothing. The other day I was drawn to this cute and colorful bag of popcorn.
Boom Chicka Pop -- It was so cute! And low calorie! And it didn't taste too bad either. :)
Last night we went to dinner at Olive Garden, then stopped by the new Cabella's that opened up close to our apartment. To end the night we drove through this cute little village called Nortons Commons. They have the cutest little houses, cafes, and shops! We decided we needed some gelato from Gelato Gilberto. I almost couldn't take the cuteness!
We don't have anything planned for today and I'm happy about that! We have a busy month of May coming up so it will be nice to relax this weekend. Tomorrow we're planning to visit Craig and Kimmie's church. I'm excited!
Have a good weekend!
In the Shadow of the Glorious Cross
Brooks Ritter and Rebecca Bales
In the shadow of the glorious cross
Compelled by grace to cast my lot
I’ll discard the loss and bare your name
Forsaking all for your own fame
Your hymn of grace sung over me
Abounding forth in glorious streams
My thirst is quenched by you my Lord
Sustained am I redeemed restored
Sustained am I redeemed restored
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
When death’s dark shadow’s at my feet
When I am plagued by unbelief
You place my hands into your side
By precious blood identified
By precious blood identified
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
These crowns I’ve clenched with fisted hands
I cast them down before the throne
Of Christ my God the worthy lamb
Christ crucified, the Great I AM
Christ crucified, the Great I AM
Christ crucified, the Great I AM
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

1 comment:
Your hair looks great!!
Post a Comment