This weekend I drove down to Franklin and Bowling Green and had some much needed family visiting time. I spent the night with Beth and Ryder Friday night. We took Ryder out for pizza, did some coloring, and just hung out for a little while playing catch up before going to bed. Saturday morning Beth had to work so I got to have some quality time with my Ryder-bug. We did some more coloring (the boy loves to color!), had some breakfast, and then got ready to go down to Franklin. I dropped him off at Mom's house and then went to visit Alicia and Eli. It was so good to see them! Eli is growing so much and he is just the cutest little thing ever! Kacie came to visit too, and it was so great to catch up with her and Alicia!
After visiting with the girls, I headed to town to meet Beth, Mom, and Ryder for lunch. We celebrated Mother's Day a weekend early since I'm not coming down this upcoming weekend. After lunch, we all headed to Nana's to watch Grace get ready for prom! This was the main reason I came down for the visit!
Grace looked beautiful! As always. We had fun snapping pictures of her and making her pose for those silly "look in the mirror and act like you're fixing your lipstick" shots.
Her hair was so cute!
Her date looked very handsome and they just looked adorable together!
After Grace left, I said my good-bye's and headed back to Louisville. It was a rainy drive and I was so glad to finally be home. Chris and I just put on our lounge clothes and watched a movie on Netflix and it was wonderfully relaxing.
Yesterday we tried out another new church close to our apartment, but we quickly decided it was not our cup of tea. The first "worship song" they played was an Alicia Keys song. What? Um, let's just say this church was a little too modern for our taste, but to each their own. :)
We had a lovely lunch at Wild Eggs (one of our new most favorite Louisville restaurants) and then after a quick trip to the grocery store, we had a great lazy rainy afternoon and evening at home. Chris took a nap while I watched Friday Night Lights on Netflix and had a cup of chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream. Talk about a perfect rainy afternoon!
Last night after dinner, we watched another vegan documentary. Yeah yeah, I know we are obsessed with these food documentaries and half of you just stopped reading. :) BUT...this one was really good! It was called Vegucated. I think I liked this one the best out of all of the ones we've seen so far -- probably because the girl who made it is a young blonde girl who had a really funny sense of humor and it was nice to see someone who I can actually relate to talking about being vegan. Since we started this plant-based diet, we have both slipped comfortably into more of a vegetarian diet with the very occasional fish, but after watching this documentary, I am much more motivated to stick to the vegan lifestyle. It is just so much healthier for me and the environment! Eat less meat, people! :) And less chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream! (that's a reminder mostly for myself!) And watch Vegucated if you get the chance -- I promise, it is really good!
No comments:
Post a Comment