I have definitely run the gamut of pregnancy symptoms over the past couple of months. During weeks 6-8, I had major nausea and got sick a few times (only two or three times), but then I started taking some vitamins at night that helped me significantly deal with the morning sickness. Mostly I only start to feel sick at night now, so I tend to go to bed very early!
Which brings me to my next symptom -- fatigue! My body is sooooo exhausted all the time! Who knew making a baby was so tiring? I sure didn't! I take naps these days like they are going out of style. All of the articles I have read say that to combat pregnancy fatigue, you should go for a walk. Seemed counter-intuitive to me, but I gave it a try on Sunday when me and Chris took Lucy for a hike in Cherokee Park. Bad idea. Lucy's tongue was hanging so far out of her mouth, I was afraid she was going to trip over it. And the same goes double for me! I'm not quite ready to start my pregnancy exercise routine yet.
Another change in how I've been feeling has been in my emotions. I have always been a sensitive and emotional girl, but this pregnancy has amplified that to a whole new (almost comical) level. This morning, my eyes welled up with tears at the smell of my coffee. My coffee, y'all. Hormones, get ahold of yourselves! I have been a die hard Starbucks drinker for several years, but this week I got some Folgers K-cups because they were on sale (and they were decaf, of course!). The smell of the Folgers coffee immediately took me back to memories of drinking coffee at home with my parents because that is the kind of coffee they always drank. It was pretty ridiculous. I also can't hardly listen to the radio anymore because almost every song causes me to whimper and tear up. I heard the song 'Fancy' by Reba the other day and literally sobbed all the way home. Things are just taking on a whole new meaning these days!
Other than the occasional morning sickness, fatigue, and out of control hormonal mood swings, I have to admit, I have been feeling pretty good. This past week I have really gotten my appetite back - with a vengeance. I have always been one of these 'eats like a bird' people....well those days are long gone. I am a proud member of the clean plate club these days! I had a veggie sandwich the other day with toasted bread and chipotle mayonnaise, and it somehow magically tasted like a BLT - I inhaled it and have been wanting to go back to that restaurant every day since! (oh, PS - I have been craving meat like nobody's business but have managed to control my cravings up to this point, but let me tell ya, it's been a battle!)
I'm not really showing much yet, but I'll post a "bump" picture soon. I am actually really excited to start getting bigger and actually look pregnant!
2 comments:
Glad you are feeling better. We miss you. Come see us soon.
I like your little baby timeline. That may help me from keeping on asking you which week you are in. ♥
Post a Comment