Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 36 Weeks
Gender: Girl! Amelia Ryan!!
Maternity Clothes: Maternity & I've been buying bigger sizes of regular clothes. I just discovered Cuddle Duds leggings & undershirts & wonder how I've made it through life this long without them. SO comfy & amazing!
Weight gain: a whopping 50 lbs!!! (yowzer!!)
Movement: Lots of moving, especially after a big glass of cold orange juice! But she's definitely running out of "womb" in there! ;)
Sleep: Most nights I go to sleep around 12 and wake up at 4! I'm so used to it now, I'm not even tired anymore!
Symptoms: Stopped up/sneezy, swollen ankles & feet & fingers, and now that she's dropping into my pelvis, my hips are aching!
Cravings: Drinks with crushed ice - orange juice, grape juice, water. Cereal, ice cream, Chick fil a! :)
Best moment this week: Lots of great moments lately -- her 2nd baby shower was awesome. The nursery is pretty much all set up with the exception of hanging up a few things and organizing the closet. It has been so fun sitting in the nursery and taking it all in -- it's still so surreal to me that I'm going to have a baby in just 4 short weeks. And my work is throwing me yet another shower this Friday which I'm really looking forward to! I feel so spoiled by having 3 showers, but really I'm just so blessed!!
I had my 36 week check up this morning. The doc is just a little concerned about my swelling & b/c there was some protein in my urine (sorry for the TMI!) so she had me do a full blood work-up, and I have to go back this Thursday so she can go over my lab results and retake my blood pressure/urine dip. She said my blood pressure is good (120/76) and the baby sounds and feels great and is measuring right on track, but she just wants to be overly cautious just in case.
She also said she thinks the baby will be between 7 and 8 pounds. I'd like to poll friends & family on what their guess is for Amelia's weight! Chris's dad predicts 7 lbs 6 oz and Alicia predicts 8 lbs 5 oz. (These are the only 2 people I've asked so far!) Text, email, or comment to me with your guess and I'll compile a list to see who got it closest! :) If you want my mother's instinct, I think she's going to be a bit of a chunk (I hope so!!)...but I'm also the mother who was so positive that I was having a BOY! ;)

1 comment:
After popping out a nine pounder, I'm praying for your sake, she is more like 7 pounds. *shiver* I'm still having nightmares about my delivery.
Post a Comment