Pregnancy update:
When I went to my follow up appointment on Thursday, my blood pressure was elevated and I still had protein in my urine. Also, my blood work came back with a low platelet count. With all of these symptoms in addition to my swollen feet and legs, the doctor decided to send me to the hospital to be admitted for observation.
As this was NOT the news I was expecting to hear, I had a minor meltdown and called Chris sobbing hysterically. Chris had to tell me repeatedly that he could not understand a word I was saying and I'm pretty sure I scared him to death. Finally after some deep breaths I was able to pull it together and tell him I was on my way to the labor/delivery wing.
I was admitted and monitored for blood pressure for a few hours and had more labs drawn. Over the next few hours, my symptoms had only improved slightly so they decided to keep me overnight for 24 hour observation. The next day (Friday) I was seen by a maternal/fetal specialist who did an ultrasound to check out Miss Amelia. After reviewing my symptoms he diagnosed me with mild to moderate preeclampsia.
Between the maternal/fetal specialist and my OB, it was decided that the best plan of action was to go ahead and induce labor on Tuesday when I am 37 weeks. Until that time I get to stay in the hospital and have my BP checked every few hours and stay on strict bed rest. They are also monitoring the baby's heart rate twice a day, but so far Amelia has been looking great (it's just ole mama here who's having some issues!).
So I am super excited to get to meet our sweet girl 3 weeks earlier than expected! They are going to start the induction Monday night and she should be here some time on Tuesday! Prayers are definitely requested for mama, daddy, & baby!
1 comment:
Praying for you Emily.
Post a Comment