This was not the best weekend in the books. Nothing terrible happened, but nothing great happened either, and a series of unfortunate events took place that made me ready for the weekend to come to an end and start fresh with a new week.
Friday afternoon I left work early and came home to watch the Muhammad Ali memorial service on TV. Louisville had been really crazy all day with the Ali processional driving through the city. I regret that I did not walk a few blocks down from my office to see the processional in person. Several of my co-workers did and one of them even high-fived Will Smith who was hanging out the window of one of the vehicles. Craziness!
I don't know if any of you watched the memorial service, but it was QUITE interesting with several different religions represented offering prayers and chants, many in different languages. Amelia quickly picked up on the fact that Mommy was watching something very different than her normal TV shows.
"What in the world are you watching, Mama? This does NOT sound like Grey's Anatomy."
Saturday morning bright and early we had an appointment at the bank, but when we got there we discovered that the person we had the appointment with was not there. He had forgot. I was NOT a happy camper.
I really was quite upset by the fact that our meeting didn't happen, but Chris tried to make the most of us being up early by taking us to brunch at a new restaurant. Unfortunately, this new brunch place did not live up to the hype that we had heard about so the entire morning was basically a big ole flunk.
We basically spent the rest of the day being as lazy as we could, eating nachos for dinner and watching Sandlot on Netflix.
Sunday was going to be the day we redeemed our weekend. We made reservations at one of our favorite places to eat, Hillbilly Tea and headed out for a late lunch. But wouldn't you know, they were having one of those days where the service was slow as molasses and the food wasn't even all that good. Uggggh. #firstworldproblems #iknowbutgah
And then the cherry on top of the entire weekend was that as I was leaving the grocery store yesterday afternoon, the skies opened up and it was a TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR of the highest degree. Shopping carts were flying across the parking lot at mock 90. Tree limbs were flying in from who knows where. And I had a cart FULL of groceries that I had to load into my car. By the time I was finished I literally looked like I had just taken a shower in my clothes. I was a mop and the grocery bags were full of water. Joy.
After drying everything off, to end the weekend, Amelia had her first experience with spaghetti and girlfriend was a big fan. Shoveling it down two hands at a time. So at least there's that.
Sorry to be such a complainer today - though it wasn't the best weekend in the books, it's hard to not smile and be happy when I look into these baby blues and see her sweet face smiling back.
Happy Monday. Praying for a better week!
No comments:
Post a Comment