Monday, June 27, 2016

TD, TD! Touchdown, Touchdown!

This weekend was all about doing anything we could to stay out of the heat! Amen? Amen. On Friday afternoon, we got a brand new air conditioner which couldn't have come at a better time. Ours wasn't completely broken, but it was old and had a slow leak, so it really struggled to keep up during these high temp weeks. The Nation family thoroughly enjoyed a weekend of arctic indoor temperatures in our house! 

On Saturday, we slept in and had a late lunch and then headed out for a little shopping trip. Amelia now has 3 different 4th of July outfits because they are just too cute. Plus we will be driving down to Franklin for a big family reunion and I'm sure many wardrobe changes will be needed for a long day of festivities. I can't wait!

After shopping, a quick ice cream stop was absolutely essential, so we got some froyo. I asked Amelia to take an ice cream selfie with me, but she said "Mom, get that camera out of my face and put that ice cream in my mouth!"



We slept in again on Sunday. Amelia and I are both on the tail end of recovering from a cold we caught last week. Amelia loves when I try to help her breathe by using the little sucky booger thing. Except no, she hates it with a passion. 

Do you know that cute football movie, Little Giants? There is that little wimpy kid with glasses who blows a snot bubble? Yeah, well that was Amelia this weekend. It surprised both of us! So needless to say, lots of usage of the sucky booger thing was necessary.

Speaking of football, Amelia learned how to do a little cheer move so that she can cheer on her big cousin Cole at his football games this fall. 


Touchdown! 

We teach em young around here and we raise em right... now if only I could teach her how to use the sucky booger thing on herself, we would really be doing well. 


No comments: