Even though I enjoy reading other blogs, I don't usually participate in these link ups, but when I saw the theme for this week's Stranded link up over at
The Slaughters Blog, I just had to throw in my two cents.
If I were stranded on a deserted island and could only take 3 movies with me to watch over and over again -
gosh, this is going to be hard to narrow down to just 3 - and if a Netflix series didn't count and my Reba DVD's count - then I guess I would have to choose the following 3 movies.
Steel Magnolias
Even though it is physically IMPOSSIBLE to watch this movie without crying, it is one of my most favorite and definitely most quoted movies of all time. They just don't make em like this anymore. So if I'm going to be stranded, I want to have a good cry and a good laugh because as Truvy says, "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion."
You've Got Mail
Forget the fact that this movie has Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan who are two of the best actors on the planet. Forget the fact that it also has Greg Kinnear who is one of my celebrity crushes (T
hank you're, everyone!). Just the fact that this movie encapsulates the warm fuzzy feelings of the fall, winter, & spring seasons make it one of the best feel good movies ever. Don't you just love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies.
Pink Panther
I surprised myself by picking this one (
after giving this whole post WAY more thought than I should have). But I decided that even if there are other movies that I probably love more (
Something's Gotta Give, Father of the Bride, etc.) I would really need a goofy movie in the rotation that could make me laugh out loud when I was starting to get down and out about being all, you know, stranded and everything. And this movie never fails to tickle my funny bone. The hamburger scene alone just slays me every time (if you don't know what I'm talking about, stop what you're doing and
WATCH THIS IMMEDIATELY). Da Burger!
Well, that was fun... I'll probably do the link up again in December when the theme is Christmas movies. Oh my, I should probably start thinking about it now!
2 comments:
Great Movies. Pink Panther is hilarious!!! Good pick
You've Got Mail... so much yes!! Definitely one of my top picks as well :)
https://happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com
Post a Comment