Monday, September 12, 2016

Rain is a Good Thing

I don't know how the weather was in your neck of the woods this weekend, but here in Louisville, it was BANANAS. In both a good and bad way.

Not to turn this into a weather report, but we were expecting showers on Saturday and I was dreading having to tote Amelia out in the rain all day. Chris was adamant that he had some shopping that HAD to be done before he left for his trip this week, and well, we shop as a family, so there would be no staying home in the dry cozy house for me and Amelia while he drove around from store to store in search of the perfect business casual pants and a new suitcase. That being said, it didn't rain ALL morning. In fact, the sun was out and it was a beautiful day. Score!

Fast forward to the afternoon we when finally kicked our sloth-paced keisters into gear and left the house for shopping. Queue the heaviest downpour of rain and thunder and lightning EVER. Sheesh. Not fun. Not fun at ALL.

Though I did not enjoy the thunderstorm that rolled through on Saturday, I have to admit that I could not get enough of the cooler temperatures that it brought with it on Sunday. I guess Luke Bryan was right when he said rain was a good thing because yesterday stayed in the 70's all day and it had me all sorts of happy, happy, joy, joy!

Most normal people would probably take a day of 70 degree temperatures to go to the park or do something outside since it was only the most perfect weather day we've had in a long time. But not me. Cooler temps set off my crazy, it's time to officially welcome fall in alarm, and I thoroughly enjoyed the day inside (with the windows open, mind you) fixing a huge pot of chili and burning my pumpkin gingerbread candle. I was seriously contemplating watching Hocus Pocus, but I managed to dial down my crazy enough to the point that I convinced myself that I could wait to watch it in October.

In other news (which may in fact prove once and for all that I AM a little crazy), I can officially update you on my book writing. Even though I can hardly believe it, I have actually written 50 pages so far! And let me just state for the record that one of my favorite authors of all time and definitely my favorite blogger ever - Big Mama - replied to an email I wrote her asking for book writing advice. I about fainted! It totally made my day and inspired me even more to keep pursuing this dream of mine. Oh and even though she gave lots of great tips and resources for getting started with the writing process, her most helpful tip was pure genius. Just start WRITING. Writers gotta write, y'all. Duh.

So...it is basically a memoir style book, written in the same general voice and tone as my rambling and nonsensical blog posts, but the catch is that it is written as a (VERY LONG) letter from me to Amelia.


Even though she can't actually, ya know, READ yet... I think it will be something that - even if this book amounts to nothing else besides a few of my friends and family members reading it and no publisher comes near it with a 40 foot pole - at least Amelia will be able to read it one day and hopefully enjoy it. 

And even though, as I've told you many times before, she is DEFINITELY a child prodigy genius, I don't think she will be reading it any time soon. She would much rather spend her time splashing her mama with her bath water and creating Santa Clause beards with the bubbles.  


And that is just fine with me. Besides, if she knew that all she was really missing out on by not being able to read yet was a less than stellar weekend weather forecast, I don't think she would be too upset.

Happy Monday, y'all. It's supposed to be nice and sunny today - high of 85 with 0% chance of precipitation.

No comments: