Besides the fact that I didn't even have a hospital bag packed and was forced to send my husband home to pack a bag which led to me having 3 luggage bags full of clothes because I think Chris just grabbed any and everything he could find. I'm pretty sure the nurses thought I was moving in. Besides all that - I was scared that I didn't really know how to be a mom. Would I know how to hold her? Would I know how to comfort her? I had never been much of a baby person. They always terrified me. I was much more of a toddler type of person. Give me a 3 year old any day and we will have a grand ole time, but a newborn infant? Yikes. Let me just adore them from a safe distance. Those things are WAY too breakable.
So on this day two years ago, reality came crashing down hard. The doctor gave me exactly 3 days to lay in that hospital bed and get myself mentally-prepared, because ready-or-not Amelia Ryan was making her debut on January 13th and she was going to need her mama to have her act together.
Those 3 days passed in a flash and then before I knew it, the big day arrived. With all of the commotion of monitoring contractions and enduring a painful epidural experience, I didn't have much time to spend battling my nerves of officially becoming a mom. And in the blink of an eye, Amelia was here.
Two years later, not much has changed. She is still 100% her mama's girl. I am so blessed to have such a special, wonderful, beautiful connection with my sweet daughter. She is the best snuggly huggly 2 year old I could ever have imagined. She knows that she is loved and she knows how to love others.
Someone may need to remind me that I said that during her pre-teen years. If she is anything like her mother, and I'm afraid she might be, those are bound to be some trying times in the Nation household. But for now, we will just enjoy celebrating our sweet drama-free two year old's birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment