Monday, January 23, 2017

The Cluster Theory

Throughout the course of my life, a certain pattern has developed in terms of bad luck. You know the saying, "when it rains, it pours"? Well, unfortunately, I know that saying to be true a little too well. My sister said it best recently when she noted that things tend to happen to me in clusters.

Let me detail the most recent cluster of unfortunate events that have happened in my life just so that you can read and hopefully say to yourself, well at least I didn't have a week like her.

It started on Sunday. Amelia woke up with a nagging cough. Bless her sweet little heart, you could see in her eyes that a bad cold was about to take her down for the week. And it did. Coughing, nose like a faucet, no appetite, the works. Just no fun at all.

Then on Tuesday, I got a phone call from my beloved hubby saying he was experiencing chest pains. Because those are not words anyone should take lightly, I quickly took him to the local ER where we spent the next 7 hours in the waiting room. We learned that he was not having any kind of heart-related emergency, thank the Lord, but he did find out that he tore a muscle in his chest cavity.

So far, the week wasn't great, but at least I still had my health, so I could take care of my loved ones who were falling apart around me.

Oh wait. No I didn't. By Thursday I had no voice whatsoever and I knew it was only going to go downhill from there. When I left early from work that day, I heaped on another layer of bad luck by falling down the stairs as I was exiting the building.

My immune system was taking a beating, my rear end was now bruised and sore, and not to mention my pride was a little hurt as well.

I have spent the weekend coughing, blowing my nose, taking hot baths, and taking care of my still sick baby girl. We may only be 3 weekends into the new year, but I think it is safe to go ahead and proclaim that it will not go down as my favorite weekend of 2017.

And before I go thinking that my cluster streak is over now that I am slightly on the mend, I better check myself.

Because I just walked out of the bathroom stall only to look down and see that the tail end of my long cardigan sweater had just been dipped down in the toilet bowl.

Happy Monday, everyone. I hope you are having a cluster-free week.

No comments: