Well, I don't know about you, but I could use another weekend. That one went by entirely too fast. Thankfully, we have the extra long Memorial Day weekend to look forward to or else I'm not sure I would make it this week.
Saturday, Amelia and I broke away from our usual Barnes and Noble routine. Shocking, I know. But we had a few things to check off of our to do list before we headed down to Bowling Green for Cole's graduation. So we first ran to Trader Joe's for a few greeting cards because they have really cute original designs and they are all only 99 cents. And on top of that they have these cute little baby shopping carts that Amelia gets to push around and pretend she's a big girl. Do I have photo documentation of this? No way. I was way too occupied with helping her steer that cart before one of our fellow customers lost a toe.
Another reason I love Trader Joe's is because it is impossible to leave there without discovering some new amazing treat. I mean, holy carrot cake cookie sandwiches, Batman.
To my utter astonishment, when I brought these home Chris said he did not care for these delicious carroty drops of heaven. Which we all know only made me happier because hey, more for me and Amelia! But seriously, he needs to get his taste buds checked.
Next we headed a few stores over to see what Whole Foods had cooking on their hot breakfast buffet. Amelia and I thoroughly enjoyed sharing a breakfast of bacon, eggs, and hashbrown tots and this little outing was so fun it may rival Barnes and Noble for a Saturday morning tradition. Not to mention that Toys R Us is literally right next door, so of course we headed over there to peruse the toys. I'm pretty sure Amelia thought it was her birthday. We had so much fun! I somehow managed to walk out of there only spending $2 on a big blue bouncy ball, and yet she still thought she had won the lottery. Toddlers are the best.
Finally, it was time to head home and all get scrubbed up and ready for graduation. Amelia loves wearing dresses and it's looking like she could possibly have a future in runway modeling if she's interested. She's definitely got the right attitude.
Thankfully Amelia slept the entire drive down because I can only imagine her attitude if she didn't have a nap before 4:00. It was a brief visit with everyone, but it was great to watch Cole graduate and give lots of hugs to my people. Even the really goofy people. (Thanks for the photobomb, Charlie!)
We didn't stay long after the ceremony because we were losing an hour coming back and not to mention the forecast was calling for some major rain. It was not a fun drive home whatsoever, but we made it home around 9:00. Needless to say, we were all pooped.
Yesterday was a pretty lazy day with our usual grocery run and laundry fun. I have to run to Kroger for toiletry items like diapers and paper towels, but we have started buying our produce at Paul's Fruit Market (because I think I've made it pretty clear that we're currently involved in a heated love affair with that place). So basically what I'm saying is that I managed to visit four different grocery stores over the course of the weekend, and we may need to re-examine our shopping habits.
We of course played with the new blue bouncy ball all day long, and we even managed to spot a few deer hanging out in our backyard.
So that was our weekend in a nutshell. This upcoming weekend is not only Memorial Day weekend but it is also a certain someone in our house's birthday.
I'll give you a hint: He won't be celebrating it with a carrot cake!

No comments:
Post a Comment