The little trader has united forces with her daddy and become an 80's chick.
Don't get me wrong, I can get down to a Michael Jackson timeless tune just as much as the next person, but we all know that my heart belongs to the 90's. But apparently, Amelia has discovered that the 80's music is officially her JAM.
So I think it is safe to say my mind is officially blown. I guess I will learn to live with her love for the 80's, just as she will have to learn to live with her mama's love for the 90's. I think we'll survive, but it will be an uphill battle as we fight for control over the radio. I mean, look closely at the picture here. Is that a hug or a choke hold? I'll let you decide.
Speaking of an 80's baby, Chris celebrated his 33rd birthday over the weekend. We dropped Amelia "Hair Band" Nation off with her grandparents and then headed over to Lexington to spend the day. We discovered a new restaurant that will undoubtedly appear at close to the top of our favorites ever, called The Lockbox.
Now, you know that me and the hubster aren't real big meat-eaters normally. But let me just tell you that I had one of the best cheeseburgers of my life there and Chris has not stopped talking about his fried chicken biscuit since we left there on Saturday afternoon. I'm not even kidding. If I've heard the words chicken biscuit once, I've heard them 500 times.
We had a lovely day eating, eating, and eating some more. Forget movies, bowling, or dancing, apparently our love language is going to various restaurants and cafes and trying to see which of our bellies is going to pop the button of our shorts first.
The rest of the weekend was spent lounging, eating (shocker, I know), and doing a little birthday shopping. With all the calories we consumed this Memorial Day weekend, it's a good thing we ended with a dance party for a little cardio.
No comments:
Post a Comment