Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day 2017 Unofficially brought to you by Paul's Fruit Market

What a great weekend. We had a wonderful visit from Beth and Ryder on Saturday and then a lovely happy low key Mother's Day on Sunday. I think the highest point of the weekend was driving around with Beth belting out the words to Gangsta's Paradise while Amelia and Ryder watched in confusion/embarrassment from the backseat.


So like I said, it was a wonderful visit. Beth and Ryder arrived bright and early Saturday around 9:30 and Amelia wasted no time attaching herself to Ryder's side, showing him her mermaid Barbie and various Minnie toys.


He was an amazing big cousin with her, playing with all of the baby girl toys and making her smile so big and stare at him with the utmost love and adoration. We loaded up in the car after a little coffee sipping and chatting and took the kids to the park.





 Amelia loved swinging and playing on the slide, but any time that Ryder walked out of her sight, she immediately asked "Where's Ryder?". Every. Single. Time. And when Beth would go find Ryder to let him know that Amelia was asking for him, I would get asked "Where's Bet?". So basically what I'm saying is that I was chopped liver on Saturday during their visit and she was ALL about Beth and Ryder. And I'm so glad.


After playing on the playground for a little while, we headed to The Goat for lunch. The weather was perfect so we ate outside and enjoyed the warm sun and the cool breeze. After lunch, we made a quick visit to Paul's Fruit Market because I know my sister loves a good little farmer's market store and then they headed home shortly thereafter so Amelia could take her nap. Let me just recap that it was a wonderful visit! And I can't wait til they come back!


Amelia took a short nap and then we loaded up in the car with Chris and headed back to Paul's Fruit Market because it is the best place to get beautiful fresh flowers for Mother's Day. We then met up with his parents for dinner at a new BBQ restaurant called Martin's BBQ Joint. It was really good, but we all left there requiring full showers and clothes washed as we all smelled like straight up smoked pork.

Yesterday was a low key relaxing day. We didn't do a big Mother's Day hoopla - just enjoyed the day as our family of 3, playing, making another trip to Paul's Fruit Market (in addition to the best flowers, they also have the juiciest watermelon and fresh squeezed orange juice daily, and no I am not actually being paid for this endorsement), reading, and the usual routine.

As Amelia continues to grow up faster than I would like, I find myself cherishing the moments of simple family time more and more. There is nothing I love more than sitting back and watching Amelia and Chris play and be silly together, especially when the smiles and laughter comes at Lucy's expense because then it really feels like a family affair. You can often find me or Chris messing with Lucy to get her all hyper to the point where she runs full speed around the house because nothing makes Amelia squeal with laughter more!

So for posterity sake, I'm happy to document my simple low key Mother's Day at home with my sweet husband, my darling baby girl, and my silly pup.

Because in the blink of an eye Amelia is going to be a teenager and who knows if she'll have time to hang out with her embarrassing mama who likes to sing gangsta rap at the top of her lungs. Not to mention, she'll probably be too busy at her part-time job at Paul's Fruit Market.

Happy Mama's Day!

No comments: