For Valentine's Day this year, my hubby dearest got me a gift card to a jewelry store. Because I have basically zero spare time and because I kind of sort of forgot about it and because I have a long list of excuses, I have gone a few months without scooting my little tush down to the jewelry store and picking something out.
But somehow I managed to not only remember that I had the gift card this week, but I even took a lunch break and skedaddled myself down there to peruse the merch. They had a lot of cute things to choose from and I ended up getting this cute little right hand ring.
I don't really mix up the jewelry I wear every day. For the most part, I have my standard jewelry pieces that I wear on the daily. And since I already documented the new right hand ring, I figured I might as well document the rest of the simple pieces you will almost always see on my person because why not?
Of course, the left hand is always lugging around this rock that pronounces to the world that I am someone's ball and chain.
I think it is safe to document my jewelry without worrying about a Kim Kardashian situation. I mean, it's beautiful and I love it dearly, but it's not the heart of the ocean. Right Jack?
Around my neck, you will usually find this cross necklace.
This is the piece of jewelry that I've had the longest. My dear sweet sister got this for me when I graduated from high school. I will never forget the day she gave it to me. We were standing in the kitchen and when she gave it to me with tears in her eyes, she said something along the lines of they might have to come turn off her lights or water but she wanted to buy me something special and it would be worth it. It made me laugh through my tears, which is my favorite emotion. Right, Dolly?
In my ear bobbles (
which is what I call ears for some reason, and I have no idea why), you will almost always find these little Pandora birthstone studs that my sweet little Grace got me for Christmas last year.
I'm wearing them today, but decided to spare you a picture of my ear. So even though blue may not necessarily "go" with every thing I wear, I still wear them basically every day because they were gifts from my Gracie Puddin. I love that the pieces that I wear remind me of the people that I love.
Finally, the only thing I usually have on my dainty wrist is my Fitbit that I "stole" from my hubby.
To be honest, I go through spurts of obsession with this thing. I either check my steps relentlessly or not at all. Currently, I'm on a Fitbit kick and am happy to report that I reached my goal yesterday. Every time it lights up and buzzes to let me know that I have reached my daily goal, you'll find me doing something a little bit like this.
So that's my daily bling bling you'll see me wear when I come around yo city.
But don't be fooled by the rocks that I got. I'm still, I'm still Emily from the block.
No comments:
Post a Comment