We were eating dinner on Friday night all seated around Nana & Papaw's kitchen table. Eating, talking, laughing, but nothing really out of the usual. However, Amelia must have really thought it was a grand ole time because she smiled and clapped her hands as she exclaimed, "I so happy!"
Every time we go to Nana & Papaw's house, Amelia is quickly drawn to playing with the guitar in the TV room. This past weekend she was headed straight for the guitar early Saturday morning when I told her that she couldn't play with the guitar because Daddy was still sleeping and we had to be quiet. But little Miss Rebellious gave me that look like "you're telling me no and maybe I'm not supposed to but I'm going to anyway because I'm cute and this is a funny game we play, right?". So as she stepped closer to the guitar I summoned my best stern mom voice and said "Amelia Ryan..."
To which she replied, "Nation!".
Later on Saturday, we filled up a baby swimming pool with water and let her splish splash around for a few hours. She had a few plastic toys to play with like some colorful crabs and fish and of course a little Mickey Mouse.
Most of the time when she is doing imaginative play with her little friends, I can't quite understand what she is saying except for "Hello" or "Ok, bye!". Usually in between those two phrases, it's a lot of babble. But in the pool, her Nana and I happened to overhear her giving all her little toys a compliment that she has heard people say to her many times.
Crab to Mickey: "I like your eyes!"
Mickey to Fish: "I like your eyes!"
Fish to Crab: "I like your eyes!"
It was quite the love fest.
I think she has a future as a kindergarten teacher.
A kindergarten teacher who likes to play guitar and compliment her friend's eyes. That would make her oh so happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment