Wednesday, September 20, 2017

FALL-elujah!!

Ah, September. The kick off to my favorite time of year. I saw on someone else's blog where they did a Fall Bucket List and I thought it was a cool idea and think I'll copy it today. I mean think about it. Fall + Making Lists = 2 of my favorite things. It just makes sense, people.

Oh, but before I get to the list making, I have to do a quick brag on my husband dearest for winning an award on Monday night for being recognized as one of the top 40 under 40 business people in Louisville.



That guy. I tell you what. He is a mover and a shaker. And I'm very proud of him!

So on to the list of fun activities that I hope to mark off my list this fall.

1. Make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins - This is my tried and true recipe that I've used for several years. It's always a hit when I decide to bring some into work and share. But to be honest, that doesn't happen all that often because ... well ... I end up eating them all at home! Don't judge me, they're that good.


2. Make a new fall dessert - I'm looking at you No Bake Smores. Also possibly you Pumpkin Cheesecake Lasagna.



3. Watch Hocus Pocus - The yearly tradition that NEVER gets old. I can't wait until Amelia loves it as much as I do.


4. Watch the Food Network Halloween Wars - I could watch nothing but the Food Network all day every day, but Chris isn't a huge fan of watching cooking shows. The only exception is the Halloween Wars. Have you ever seen it? It is amazing what some of these people can create with cakes and pumpkins and chocolate. I highly recommend watching!


5. Jackson's Orchard Trip - We all know how much I love my yearly trip to JO. I don't think I can make my love for pumpkins and apple slushes any more clear. This year should be more fun than ever since Amelia is old enough to enjoy some of the other activities there like the hayride and petting zoo. Oh and the Cider Slider - we're definitely sliding down that thing this year!





6. Trunk or Treat - We haven't been all that festive for the past two Halloweens. The first year we just took  Amelia out to visit her grandparents and great grandma. Last year, we literally just took pictures of her in her costume and called it a day. So this year we are upping our Halloween game and taking her to a Trunk or Treat event at a local church. She is going to love it!



7. Enjoy the seasonal Starbucks drinks - Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Caramel Apple Ciders, and Salted Caramel Mochas. Oh My! They're only around for a limited time, so I might as well enjoy them while I can!


I've already got all my fall and pumpkin decorations out around the house, and this past weekend I bought a wallflower that smells like spiced cinnamon pumpkin so we are in full fall mode in our household. Now this weather just needs to drop a few degrees so I can pull out all my scarves and sweaters, and all will be right in the world.


Happy Fall, y'all.

No comments: