Saturday morning Chris signed the Nation crew up for the 2 mile walk on the riverfront for raising funds and awareness about Alzheimer's research. Chris is heavily involved with the Alzheimer's association in Louisville, and I have to say, I'm very proud of him.
So while he volunteered with registration, me and Amelia met up with a few of my co-workers who happened to be there and walked around people-watching and admiring all the cute pups that people brought with them. And also the pet pig that someone brought with them.
Finally, it was time for the walk itself and it could not have been a more beautiful day for a walk on the river front.
Blue represented someone with Alzheimer's or dementia.
Purple was for someone who has lost a loved one to the disease.
Yellow represented someone who is currently supporting or caring for someone with Alzheimer’s.
Orange was for everyone who supports the cause and vision of a world without Alzheimer’s.
I was all sorts of choked up.
So after our walk, we headed over to eat brunch at Wild Eggz and then headed home for a group nap. That was an early and exhausting morning for my crew!
On Sunday, we kept the morning pretty relaxed, watching Amelia's favorite movie for what feels like the millionth time and making chocolate chip banana bread. She helped me get out my fall decor and was super excited about all the pumpkins. That's my girl!
After lunch, the three of us headed out for a quick errand at Lowe's and then stopped for some ice cream. We also drove around a neighborhood looking for houses, and we actually found a neighborhood that we both liked - so I'm crossing my fingers that something becomes available there in our price range!
I didn't end up being able to go to the grocery store until after 5:00 and that just put our whole night on a later than usual schedule (Sunday nights are always busy!). Then on top of that I got sucked into reading a FANTASTIC book that my sister recommended and ended up staying up WAY later than I should have. Thanks a lot, Beth.
No really - thanks! It's SO good!
So even though I'm a little extra sleepy this morning, I'm filled with lots of good feelings from a weekend of family fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment