I took off on Friday to have a pamper / lounge / Amelia day. She had her weekly speech therapy appointment in the morning where we are getting to the point of discussing whether or not she really needs to continue with therapy. Her vocabulary has improved by leaps and bounds over the past 6 months! I mean, when you are 2 years old and saying things like "I don't want a strawberry popsicle, I want a banana popsicle" clear as day, then I think you're doing pretty well in the linguistics department. Also, if you are saying that, then you might be a little bit spoiled. #justsayin
After speech, I headed out to a "quick" hair appointment. Let me just state for the record that my highlight appointments used to take around an hour to an hour and 1/2 tops. Why all of a sudden are all of my hair appointments taking up to 3 hours these days? Am I just working with slow people? Or has something changed in the hair salon business to cause this process to take longer? Needless to say, it makes me a little impatient. And yes, I realize this is a first world problem. #imaprincess
For the rest of the day on Friday, me and Amelia laid low. It was rainy and cool - the perfect kind of day to cuddle up under a blanket, sip a hot tea, and watch a movie. Not to mention, I had stocked up on all of the "necessities" from the grocery store the day before in anticipation of the heavy rain.
For the structured time, they teach some pretty advanced gymnastics moves for 2 and 3 years olds (in my opinion) such as balance beam, headstands, and swinging on the bar thingy. Yes, that's the technical gymnastics term.
After gym, we grabbed some lunch and ran home for a quick nap that didn't actually happen. I know she was exhausted after all that playing, but she also knew that we were heading to Nana and Papa's house later in the afternoon and I guess the anticipation just made her too excited to sleep. So we loaded up and headed out to the country for a night of eating chili and playing with Nana and Papa.
No big surprise that she was out like a light by 7pm.
On Sunday, me, Chris, and Amelia headed over to Lexington for another round of chicken biscuits from our beloved Lockbox restaurant. It did not disappoint. Then we stopped and got some ice cream and it didn't disappoint either. Mmm...dark chocolate truffle ice cream. #cometomama
On our way back home Sunday, we drove around and looked for houses, as we are on the longest house hunt in the history of the universe, but we were disappointed with everything we saw. Hopefully one of these days, the perfect house will come along.
After a busy weekend, I tried to keep Monday as low key as possible. Amelia helped me make chocolate chip pancakes in the morning, we watched her new favorite movie "Secret Life of Pets", and she actually went down for her nap at the right time. I ran out to get the groceries once she was down for her nap, and came home to find Chris napping with her again like he did last week. Which meant....yay, TV time for Mama! (after I put all the groceries away and tidied up a bit of course...)
Monday night I made us taco salad and blueberry muffins and we all had the "end of a long weekend Monday night blues" in preparation for going back to work.
At least it's a short week!

No comments:
Post a Comment