Monday, October 8, 2018

Amazing Grace & Fun on the Farm

I'm EXHAAAAAUUSSTED. This has been one busy weekend! But thankfully, it's been one of those good busy weekends that leaves you both completely wiped out but also full of the warm fuzzies from spending a weekend with everyone you love.

First up, we had Grace's wedding shower on Saturday. #justhejohnsons It was so much fun to shower Princess Gracie Puddin' with all the love and gifts and attention that the sweet girl deserves. Before the shower started, she said she was shaking a little with jitters and I asked her if she was nervous. She replied with, "No, I like being the center of attention." HA. That is our precious princess who we all love dearly. Austin, my friend,  you will have your work cut out for you in 110 days. :)

So here are some of the photos of the big day.







It was lovely and fun and it's always a good day when I get to spend time with my fam. But after the commute to and from Louisville on top of a busy day of showering, I was pretty wiped out.

Cut to Sunday morning, when we had to get up early again for family pictures on Chris's side. I don't have any sneak peek pictures to share but hopefully we will get them back in time for Christmas cards so you will see them soon! After family pictures, we headed to Cracker Barrel for breakfast - love me some eggs in a basket, YUM. Then we headed to Gallrein Farms to check out their pumpkin festival. By this time, we were still in our fall clothes from pictures and the temps had reached nearly 100 degrees, so needless to say, we didn't last too long at the farm because we were HOT and TIRED to say the least.

But we did let Amelia take a quick pony ride, get her face painted, and take a trip around the farm on a little train. So I think she would call that a pretty good afternoon.




And of course, as all of my Sundays go, I had to hurry home because someone still needed to get groceries, do the ironing and the cleaning and ALL THE THINGS and I needed a shower because did I mention I was standing in 117 degree weather wearing jeans, long sleeves, and boots?

Come on October, get your act together! Where is our sweater weather?

I hear that some cooler temps are coming for us this weekend which is perfect because I have my heart set on a Jackson's Orchard trip and I don't want to look at any more pumpkins while wiping sweat from my back.

Therefore, I've got my Autumn Leaves candle burning and plan to binge watch a few episodes of Halloween Wars on the Food Network. Because if you believe in fall and your heart is pure, then maybe just maybe, you will have an October weekend filled with 60 degree weather where you can peruse pumpkins to your heart's delight while wearing boots and scarves and sip an apple cider.

No comments: