Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Fall Happenings & Such

As we dive deeper into my favorite time of the year, Amelia and I have been doing lots of fun fall festivities along with a few regular activities that just seem more fun because the weather is in the 60's and we're wearing cozy jackets and scarves.

First up, my girl has been a twirling tapping dancing machine. And she always insists on taking a picture before we leave for dance class, which I have to laugh at because she's taking some creative liberties with her poses now.




Bless her.

Last week, the parents were allowed to come in and visit to see what the little tappin' tots have learned so far and boy was it adorable. First they lined up with their hand on the bar and showed us their kick and their shuffle wearing their tap shoes. Amelia did pretty well, but she was greatly distracted by the fact that her mommy was in the room so she may have forgotten a step or two or seven.


Then they switched to their ballet shoes and showed us their plies and first positions and all the other ballet terminology that I know absolutely zilch about, but my goodness were they the cutest ever.


After dance class, we stopped at Kroger to pick up our groceries through the Clicklist - and let me tell you, that is the way to do life, my friends. Not only did I keep my spending in check by being able to actually see the total accumulate on the side of my screen as I clicked things into my cart AND leisurely sit in my car and allowed the Kroger employee to load up my groceries, but he also gave me a pumpkin candle as a gift for using their clicklist services. I could get used to this!


In other news and happenings, Amelia and I had an adventure-filled day last week when I took her to the library for toddler story time and the local firefighters were there! After they read a story, a firefighter taught the kids about how to call 911 and how to Stop, Drop, & Roll. And then was the big finale -- they got to go see a real live fire truck! All the other kids were standing nice and still and calm while they waited for their turn to sit on the truck, meanwhile, Amelia literally hopped and squealed in giddy anticipation until it was her turn. And oddly enough, she was the last kid out of like 25 so girlfriend was beyond ready!




Another fall favorite that we've been enjoying lately are the Halloween-themed donuts each week after church. I think a donuts & Jesus tradition sounds like a win.



Also a win -- these soft and delicious chocolate chip cookies we made yesterday. As my friend DJ Tanner would say, OH MYLANTA! These babies are gooo-oood.


Do yourself a favor and make these immediately. So easy and so yummy. Or do yourself a favor and pick up a Monster donut from Krispy Kreme. Either way, you can't lose!

It's a good thing I'm deep in the trenches of marathon training, or I would probably be about 500 lbs. Speaking of which, just as an update.... training is going really well. Some of my training is on the treadmill, but on pretty days I like to get outside. Every run is different, but I can definitely tell that I'm getting more used to the distances. I've got a few ideas percolating in  my brain about running and so I'm thinking that needs a post dedicated all to itself. But that will be for another day. To be continued!

In the meantime, Happy Tuesday!

No comments: