Happy Halloween from the Nation crew!
We have been having a pumpkin-tacular time celebrating this weekend. We spent the night at Nana & Papaw's house this weekend carving pumpkins and eating chili and lots of yummy pumpkin desserts. It was fall-tastic. Ok, I'm sorry I can't stop making up cheesy words to describe our weekend, but I am just a corny person and we all know this. This time of year, I guess you could even call me a candy-corny person.
So as I type this, the rain is beginning to fall and we are expecting several inches to accumulate. Which is why, Louisville made the very good and wise decision to switch trick-or-treating to last night. Allow me to introduce her majesty, Princess Belle.
We had a blast taking this princess trick-or-treating, and we discovered that we live in a VERY Halloweeny-friendly neighborhood. There were a TON of kids. It was awesome!
So since this was really the first time that Amelia has ever truly been trick-or-treating, we discovered two things about her style.
1. Amelia is a very timid trick-or-treater. She was very hesitant to walk up to strangers handing out candy, and she was even more reluctant to actually say the words "trick or treat". After a little while, she finally started saying thank you after they gave her candy, but I think she was a bit overwhelmed with the whole experience.
2. Amelia is a very generous candy passer-outer. After hitting up several houses up and down our street, we came back home to sit on the front porch and hand out candy. We propped Amelia up in her little pink chair with the big bucket of candy and let her go to town passing out the loot. She literally grabbed fistfuls of M&M's, Snickers, and Milky Ways and loaded those tricker treaters down with the good stuff. Their eyes would get real big and they would giggle - because let's face it. They just hit the candy jackpot. We kept telling Amelia to only give 1 or 2 pieces, but we could not deter her generous spirit. YOU GET 10 CANDY BARS! YOU GET 10 CANDY BARS! EVERYONE GETS 10 CANDY BARS!
So that was our Halloween in a nutshell. I hope yours is as good as ours was. Or as good as those kids who stumbled upon our front porch last night and got a pound of candy from a sweet little 3 year old princess.






No comments:
Post a Comment