Monday, January 28, 2019

Amelia Ryan, You are 4 Years Old

Amelia,

I can't believe you just turned 4 years old. The past 4 years have gone by in the blink of an eye. Even though I sometimes I get sentimental when I see a picture of little 9 month Amelia or even little 2 year old Amelia just learning how to walk, I have to admit, I am really in love with 4 year old you.


You are SO sweet - you are still a Mama's girl through and through and I feel like the luckiest mama in the world to have you love me so much. You're a little chatter box and constantly keep me and your daddy cracking up over the things you say.

You'll be starting pre-school in the fall and I know you are ready to get out there and experience a whole new world of learning and making friends and blossoming into an even more brilliant and wonderful little girl - so for the next few months that I'll still have you at home with me, I plan to soak in every minute that I can. I'm so blessed to spend a lot of time at home with you these days thanks to my new job - I'll remember these days at home with you forever.

You had an epic 4th birthday party with both sides of the family coming over to our new house. You are so very loved, little one. I think your favorite part was when a spontaneous snowball fight broke out in the basement with the plastic balls that came with your new bouncy castle. We all enjoyed teaming up on your Gigi and pelting her with "snowballs"!






A quick snapshot of your life now. You are talking in clear, full sentences, sometimes saying things that leave me baffled. I think you find delight in remembering and repeating especially long words like "dramatic" or "responsible" just to make me stare at you in wonder. I wouldn't say you were a great eater,  but more of an all day grazer. One thing is for sure - you inherited your mama's sweet tooth. You love ice cream, cookies, and popsicles - go figure. But you also love your precious mac n cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy, and grilled cheese with tomato soup. You are potty trained as far as the pee pee goes, but your stubborn little self will not go poopy in the potty for the life of me. We're going to the doctor for your 4 year well check this week, and I'm really hoping he'll give me the magic trick that will help us to get this training done already. Sheesh!


Most days, we get up and have breakfast together before your Nana & Papaw come to the house to watch you around 8:30. I'll go into work for a few hours while you stay home and try to stick to a schedule of reading, writing, coloring, playing, etc. We're trying to get you ready for pre-school by giving you a schedule at home, and you seem to like it. After lunch, I usually come home and have a popsicle with you and send Nana and Papaw home. Then we snuggle and get you down for a nap, so that Mommy can finish working on the couch. (Amen and hallelujah for working at home.) When you get up, we'll usually play for a few minutes before getting dinner ready. After dinner, you get to play in Mommy & Daddy's big tub for your bath, and then after you're in your pj's, you and Daddy do "office time" where y'all go up to his office and go over flash cards and play for a bit. Then it's time for bed! You have a pretty great little life, sister, and I think you know it. You are a happy girl almost ALL the time. I'm so grateful for you and your constant sweetness.


Happy 4th birthday, Amelia Ryan.

No comments: