....I think announcing that WE'RE PREGNANT would be a good reason!
That's right, the Nation's are adding another cute little punkin to our patch! We are so excited and can't wait to meet this little brother or sister in April!
Considering I have blogged in great detail Amelia's life to this point, I am going to try my very best to keep up with the blog so that I can document important milestones and memories for baby Nation #2.
As a second child myself who swears that there are no photos of me in existence until I am least 2 years old (because who has time to take pictures when you're taking care of 2 kids, right Mom? LOL), I feel it is especially important for me to make the effort to do "all the things" I did the first time around for this new little sweetie pie.
So how have I been feeling? Actually, astonishingly....really really good! With the exception of some minor nausea around weeks 6 - 8, I've been feeling pretty normal. Sure, I've been a little extra tired than usual, but that's about it. My appetite has been fairly good and I've managed to maintain a normal balanced daily diet throughout, learning that some foods quickly moved to my aversion list (Mexican food, coffee, sweets), and some foods quickly landed on my cravings list (Claussen pickles, salty crunchy chips, orange juice).
All in all, this pregnancy has felt a lot different than the last time which makes me have a hunch that it is a boy. But if you recall, I also was SO SURE that the first one was going to be a boy and we all know how that turned out! We've got a little over a month before the gender will be revealed, and so until then we'll just keep guessing and delaying the process of picking a name. Because we are basically NOWHERE in that process and why worry about names for two different genders -- we are just going to wait until we find out if it is a boy or girl, and then start narrowing down the names list!
For the record, Amelia wants a sister more than anything in the world. Poor girl prays for it to be a girl constantly and claims that she will not have anything to do with it if it's a boy. Bless her heart. She'll learn that babies are wonderful no matter what they are, and she will be a great big sister, I have no doubt.
As of today, I am 14 weeks and due April 26. God is so good, and we are so blessed to be growing our little family! (Please note Lucy in the background of this picture trying her best to stick her head in the announcement. Technically the sign applies to her as well, right? LOL!)

No comments:
Post a Comment